Job Titles: Financial Technician, Financial Specialist, Financial Manager
Occupational Series: 0501 Financial Administrator; 0503 Financial Clerk/Assistant; 0505 Financial Program Specialist
Work Primarily Involves:
- Financial Management
- Financial Review
- Financial Compliance
- Process Improvement
Competencies Needed For Success
- Understands the wide range of acceptable governmental accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Understands other Federal, State and Local organizations, processes, interactions and transportation missions.
Technical competencies should include:
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, Executive Orders, policies, procedures, guidelines and other technical material in order to interpret policy, give advice, develop operating guidance and review and advice on financial matters.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial and accounting theories, practices, methods and techniques as well as knowledge of organizational and/or program practices is required to accomplish a variety of financial assignments.
- Knowledge of the agency accounting policy and procedures, guidelines, orders and directives.
- Knowledge of financial oversight, review and evaluation techniques to provide basic assurance of adequacy of internal controls.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques required for the operation of a consolidated automated accounting system with separate paying authority to provide guidance on appropriation laws.
- Knowledge of a variety of software programs to input, extract and download data for customers.
Team and interpersonal competencies:
- Ability to balance interests of a variety of clients, to anticipate and meet the needs of a variety of customers/clients
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of different people in different situations in a compassionate, sensitive and respectful manner
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships in all aspects of the job
- Ability to develop networks and build alliances, to confidently engage across boundaries and to find common ground with a wide range of stakeholders
Western Federal Lands encourages the development of emotional intelligence, leadership skills, and technical skills at ALL levels of the organization. Explore your opportunities for self growth through leadership training.
If you'd like more information about employment at WFL you can send an email to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
- For more information regarding careers within the Federal Highway Administration visit the FHWA Employment Opportunities Site.
- For the official job site of the United States Federal Government, go to USAJobs. Here you can search and apply for Government job opportunities worldwide!
- For more Federal hiring resources including locating student jobs, summer jobs, scholarships, and internships go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). If you're already 'Working for America' and want to explore other career options, this is also the place for you!
- For professional development and training opportunities, go to the National Highway Institute (NHI).