Job Titles: Planning and Programs Manager, Branch Chief, Director of Program Administration, Director of Project Delivery, Division Engineer
Occupational Series: GS-0340 Program Manager, GS-0810 Civil Engineer (Highway), GS-343 Program Analyst.
Work Primarily Involves:
- Analyzing, evaluating, and/or improving the efficiency of internal administrative operations, organizations, or management.
- Planning, analyzing and/ or evaluating the effectiveness of line or operating programs
- Program coordination and administration
- Transportation planning, and liaison duties with partner agencies
- Provide line managers with objectively based information for making decisions on the administrative and programmatic aspects of agency operations and management.
Competencies Needed For Success
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership/Business Acumen
- Innovative Thinking/Problem Solving
- Financial Management & Accounting Operations
- Human Resource Management
- Information Analysis
- Process Management
Team and interpersonal competencies:
- Ability to balance interests of a variety of clients, to anticipate and meet the needs of a variety of customers/clients
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of different people in different situations in a compassionate, sensitive and respectful manner
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships in all aspects of the job
- Ability to develop networks and build alliances, to confidently engage across boundaries and to find common ground with a wide range of stakeholders
Western Federal Lands encourages the development of emotional intelligence, leadership skills, and technical skills at ALL levels of the organization. Explore your opportunities for self growth through leadership training.
If you'd like more information about employment at WFL you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
- For more information regarding careers within the Federal Highway Administration visit the FHWA Employment Opportunities Site.
- For the official job site of the United States Federal Government, go to USAJobs. Here you can search and apply for Government job opportunities worldwide!
- For more Federal hiring resources including locating student jobs, summer jobs, scholarships, and internships go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). If you're already 'Working for America' and want to explore other career options, this is also the place for you!
- For professional development and training opportunities, go to the National Highway Institute (NHI).