Create Horizontal Alignment: PI Based
Create a new 2D DGN file and open the file.
The "Place PI Alignment" tool is available as shown below:
This tool was originally written for Minnesota DOT.
Potential uses are:
- A method for entering existing (known) horizontal geometry for creating a chain.
- A nice replacement for the old COGO method for creating an open alignment.
- Modifying a chain dynamically using the following built in options:
- Lock/Unlock PI coordinates
- Insert/Delete/Move PI point
- Lock/Unlock tangent direction
- Move tangent
- Dynamically modify curve radii
The tool cannot handle SCSCS curves.
I intend to explore this tool further and document some instructions for it later.
For now, please use the Horizontal Alignment Generator.