Display Vertical Alignment
Invoke the Design and Computation Manager by using the MicroStation pull downs:
APPLICATIONS > GEOPAK ROAD > DESIGN & COMPUTATION MANAGER ... or from the Road Tools icon as shown below:
Set the path in the "Design & Computation Manager" to one of the following:
The path (for office workstations) should be set as shown below: Browse to either the Metric or English folder and select the appropriate table file.
If this is not the displayed path, then change it, as follows...
- In the "Design and Computation Manager" dialog box click on FILE and click on OPEN...
- Select the appropriate path by double clicking under "Directories" and "Files" until the "Name" and "Directory is correct.
- If done correctly the "Design and Computation Manager" dialog box ".ddb file path"should read as shown above:
- In the "Design and Computation Manager" dialog box, click on the Design icon, as shown below:
- Double click on CHAINS/PROFILES.
- Double click on WFL.
- Single click on DPROF Design Profile wt=3 VERDANA TTF to draw
the Proposed Profile (... as shown below:)
or... EXPROF Existing ground profile to draw the Existing Ground Profile.
- Single click on Draw Plan & Profile ... as shown below:
- Key in or Select the Job Number ... as shown below and click
on OK (in both dialogs):
- Toggle "Operation" to Profiles ... as shown below:
- Set the Label Scale to 1000 for Metric and 100 for English.
- Select the Profile with a single click and the Profile dialog will
appear as shown below:
- By selecting the Profile EXIST (previously) ... the top portion of the dialog is populated automatically, since it reads the information about the stored profile from the GPK file.
- Key-in the Horizontal and Vertical scales. We typically use Horizontal = 100 and Vertical = 10.
- Key-in the Beginning and Ending Stations to be drawn. If the entire station range is desired each fields can be highlighted, deleted and when Enter is pressed they are populated with the Beginning and Ending stations automatically.
- Strip Grade Increment can be left blank.
- The next thing that must be done is tell the software where you want the profile "anchored", or where to begin the Horizontal and Vertical axis' and exactly where in the design file you would like it drawn (MicroStation file XY coordinates). The DP Station and DP Elevation must be keyed in, but the DP X and DP Y values can be populated by clicking on DP and then data pointing the screen.
- Select the Profile Grade Line Chain using the Select button.
- Click on the Draw Cell At XY button. The Profile Cell
and the Profile are now drawn.
NOTE: I'm assuming here that nothing had been previously drawn. If the cell had already existed, (and you were simply redrawing a new Existing Ground Profile in the same location).... you would simply press Identify Cell and the values will all be populated for you.
- FIT VIEW, using MicroStation, to view the profile and cell.